Sunday, September 27, 2009

Manifestation IV - The Watcher of the Chair

This is the first one with the Watcher that I've recorded. Most of the leg work in analyzing the conditions for this one came to me as a result of a chance encounter with an old friend who I used to do some charity work with.

The story's long and a bit boring so I'll jump ahead. She told me about the Watcher from a series of inquiries she was doing into local ghost stories. I think she was writing a collection of short stories based on local folk tales, but I honestly don't remember at this point. Anyways, she told me about the story of a family haunted by this entity that tended to observe them in a non-threatening manner.

Of particular interest to it were apparently cans, chairs, and screen doors.

A few months of research and the following was found.

Conditions:
1. Night time.
2. Yellow light.
3. Near houses with living residents.

Methods:
1. Place a metal can or chair in the middle of an open space (e.g. a road)
2. Wait for natural movement.

Now, I know method 2 is a bit vague, so I'll clarify. The Watcher seems to manifest when living observers are distracted by peripheral movement. This can range from billowing trees to cars in the distance. The materialization usually occurs during this lapse. Of course, with the video camera the appearance is no less mysterious.


This is the first humanoid manifestation I've come across that has a preference for certain objects. This raises a number of interesting questions about the nature of these manifestations. What, for instance, do these phenomena represent? Are they ghosts in the traditional sense? The Watcher seems to be very person-like. I always assumed that these things were natural phenomena (still do), just a little outside of our current understanding.

I like indulging in philosophical conundrums every now and then, but the fact of the matter is that my area of expertise is the research and cataloging of conditions and methods, not reasons and motivations.

No comments:

Post a Comment